Decreto-Lei n.º 162/2014
- Emissor:Ministério das Finanças
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:5602 - 5615
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law approves the new Investment Tax Code and reviews the tax benefit schemes for productive investment.
What is going to change?
The Investment Tax Code provides for:
- A regime of contractual tax benefits for productive investment;
- The tax scheme for support to investment (Regime Fiscal de Apoio ao Investimento - RFAI);
- A system of tax incentives in research and business development II (SIFIDE II); and
- The deduction scheme for retained and reinvested profits (Dedução por Lucros Retidos e Reinvestidos – DLRR).
The Investment Tax Code strengthens tax benefit schemes for investment by providing for the creation and maintenance of jobs, in particular in less favoured regions.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law promotes sustainable growth through competitiveness, investment and job creation.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law entered into force on 5 November 2014.