Decreto-Lei n.º 247-B/2008
- Emissor:Ministério da Justiça
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:9206-(2) a 9206-(23)
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law creates and regulates the company’s card and the Information System of the Portuguese Economic Activities Classification (SICAE).
What is going to change?
The company’s card now includes the following information:
- legal person identification number (NIPC);
- social Security identification number (NISS) of the legal person.
SICAE is a legal persons’ central archive (FCPC), which contains information on the Portuguese Economic Activities Classification’s code (CAE) of legal persons.
The System is managed by three public bodies, with powers for the assignment and alteration of the CAE code. They are:
- the Registries and Notary Institute (IRN);
- the National Statistics Institute (INE);
- the General Directorate of Taxes (DGCI).
The scheme of the National Legal Persons Registry is simplified on the associated services:
- in the registry of the legal persons’ central archive
- in the obtainment of name approval certificate (obtained electronically).
The inheritances and divorce with distribution processes are now carried out at the Inheritances Desk and at the Divorce with Distribution Desk, respectively.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law allows the companies to communicate the CAE’s alterations in a single electronic channel.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law entered into force on 14 March 2011.