Decreto-Lei n.º 14-A/2020
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Finanças
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:11-(2) a 11-(3)
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law changes the deadline for contractors to start using electronic invoicing in public procurement.
Given the public health emergency of international scope, declared by the World Health Organization on 30 January 2020, as well as the classification, on 11 March 2020, of the COVID-19 disease as a pandemic, the Government has been approving a set of extraordinary and urgent measures in several matters.
What is going to change?
The deadline for cocontractors to start using electronic invoicing in public procurement is extended to 31 December 2020:
- As far as small and medium enterprises are concerned, this deadline is extended to 30 June 2021;
- In the case of micro enterprises and public entities, until 31 December 2021.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law seeks to lessen the impact of the current context on the complex process of electronic invoicing for cocontractors.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 8 April 2020.