Decreto-Lei n.º 111/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Justiça
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:10 - 48
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law simplifies and updates the procedures regarding the vehicle registry.
It allows the use of technological features to ease the access to information by citizens and companies.
A new computerized support application for the vehicles’ registry - Integrated System of Vehicle Registry (SIRAUTO) - is created, which promotes an improvement of the current vehicle registry system.
What is going to change?
- New reporting mechanisms between the Public Administration regarding vehicle registry matters are created, allowing the simplification of the procedures and a better access to the data.
- The possibility of data reporting now covers the entities which supervise the compliance with the standards regarding the tolling in road infrastructures.
- The vehicle’s identification data is electronically communicated by the Instituto da Mobilidade e dos Transportes, I. P. [Mobility and Transports Institute (IMT, I.P.)] to the registry agents and is automatically integrated in the registry file of each vehicle.
- The waiver of the submission of certain documents by the registry’s applicant is now possible.
- It is now impossible to issue a registry certificate when the vehicle is prevented from circulation.
- Special expiry deadlines are established in the case of registry of usufruct, mortgage, lien, financial lease (leasing) and long-term rent of the vehicle.
- The vehicle registry system is brought closer to the land registry, alternatively applying the same rules.
What advantages does it bring?
The vehicle registry is now simpler for the citizen and for the companies.
The provision of more data regarding the vehicles and correspondent owners and the automatized data consultation ease the prevention and investigation of criminal offenses.
The alterations carried out will allow a greater harmonization with the European System of Vehicles and Driving Licenses’ Information (EUCARIS), improving the European interchange of information.
When does it enter into force?
The decree-law enters into force five days following its publication, taking effect on the date in which the operational conditions of this new vehicle registry computerized system are met.