Decreto-Lei n.º 79/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Trabalho, Solidariedade e Segurança Social
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:2972 - 2978
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law amends the rules regarding:
- The undue payment of social security benefits (such as allowances, for instance);
- The assignment of disability, old-age and survival pensions of beneficiaries of the social security’s general scheme.
What is going to change?
Undue payment of social security benefits
Those who unduly receive social security benefits (benefits paid in excess, for instance) must return the due amounts.
It is now possible to do so through instalment plans up to 150 months.
Besides the individuals to whom the benefits were unduly paid, the following are also responsible for the return of the benefits:
- the heirs after the death of the holder of the right;
- the co-holders of the account (in the case of payment through a bank transfer).
The social security’s services, in these cases, must suspend the payment of the benefits and demand the return of the due amount.
Provisional disability, old-age and survival pensions
Provisional old-age, disability and survival pensions may be assigned to those who meet the conditions for the assignment of the correspondent pension.
In these situations, the pension is calculated according to the information on the social security’s system.
The descendants entitled to a survival pension may now submit the school proof document through the direct social security.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law streamlines and de-bureaucratizes the procedure for the assignment of disability, old-age and survival pensions and reinforces the citizens’ trust in the social security’s system.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.