Decreto-Lei n.º 42/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Justiça
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:1755 - 1756
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law creates a simplified scheme for the mass assignment of credits.
The assignment of credits is a contract through which the creditor (individual to whom the money is due) transfers their credit to someone else, regardless of the debtor’s will. The new credit holder has the power to demand its payment.
The mass assignment of credits is the one in which:
- The beneficiary of the assignment is a credit institution, a financial company or a credits securitization company (for instance, a bank);
- The amount of the credits to assign is, at least, 50.000.00€;
- The set of portfolio credits is higher than 50.
What is going to change?
The assignment of credits is now entered through a specific document, which is sufficient for the purpose of the credits’ assignment registry.
The necessary registries are concentrated on a single, but faster, process.
The formalities for the new creditor to intervene on the ongoing legal processes are not necessary.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law improves the procedures regarding the mass credit assignment and simplifies the correspondent registry operations.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 1 July 2019.