Decreto-Lei n.º 34/2018
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Planeamento e das Infraestruturas
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:2164 - 2168
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law defines the rules for the integration of Public Administration workers who work with European funds into Public Administration careers.
What will change?
1. There will be an open ended employment contract for Public Administration employees who are currently performing tasks related to European funds and are working:
- with employment contracts (fixed-term or temporary)
- as service providers.
2. There will be a tender to make open ended employment contracts with such workers.
3. Hiring workers for these positions will usually be done through an open ended employment contract.
To whom will these rules apply?
1. These rules will apply to Public Administration employees working for Portugal 2020:
- operational programmes of European funds
- intermediate organisations
- the general technical coordination body of the Funds
- who carry out, for at least 70% of their normal working hours, activities for the funds related to:
- who have a salary financed by funds that provide assistance for technical aspects of Portugal 2020’s operational programmes.
Portugal 2020 is a partnership agreement between Portugal and the European Commission that defines:
- the economic, social and territorial development goals to promote between 2014 and 2020
- how five European funds in Portugal will be used.
2. These rules also apply to workers on fixed-term contracts or self-employed who perform tasks to ensure the implementation in Portugal of a European programme managed by the European Commission.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to put an end to the unstable conditions of employment of Public Administration officials who work with European funds, that were not covered by PREVPAP — Programa de Regularização Extraordinária dos Vínculos Precários na Administração Pública, an initiative set up to settle unstable bonds in public administration.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the day after being published.