Decreto-Lei n.º 30/2018
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Finanças
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:1832 - 1834
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law defines new ways for Public Administration to buy travel and accommodation.
What will change?
There will be new ways to buy travel and accommodation
Purchasing travel and accommodation following the general rules of public procurement will continue, but these services can now also be purchased through:
- the Internet
- a new framework agreement, in which pre-selected travel agencies will be in permanent competition.
Public entities will choose which method to use each time they need these services.
Buying travel and accommodation through the Internet
1. With a limit of 20,000 euros, travel and accommodation services can be purchased through the Internet by simplified direct award without the need for a public tender.
Travel and accommodation will be purchased on websites that show offers from many service providers at prices that meet the selection requirements, which the Government will define and publish in a decree. Payment can also be made directly on the service provider's own website if it is cheaper.
When buying travel or accommodation through the Internet, the purchase will be registered on the electronic platform of the Government Shared Services Entity and on the Portal Base.
2. The following will be created:
- Travel and Accommodation Fund
- Portuguese Treasury Card.
In each service and organization, a Travel and Accommodation Fund will be created for travel and accommodation expenses made through the Internet. The maximum amount of this fund will be defined by a budget implementation decree-law. Until then, the maximum amount is one-twelfth of the amount for travel and accommodation expenses defined in the previous implementing decree-law.
The spending limit of each fund must be estimated in the travel and accommodation section of the annual services and bodies budget.
Travel and accommodation purchased through the Internet must be paid with the Portuguese Treasury Card, except if the buyer is a service or a fund with autonomy to make online purchases using another account.
The Portuguese Treasury Card for the purchases of public entities will be made available by the Portuguese Treasury and Debt Management Agency.
Buying travel and accommodation under a framework agreement
The electronic platform provided by the Government Shared Services Entity (ESPAP — Entidade de Serviços Partilhados da Administração Pública) will be used to purchase travel and accommodation through a framework agreement.
Monitoring of the new purchasing system
ESPAP will control the application of the new rules and communicate the results to the Inspectorate-General for Finance.
Government employees who do not comply with some of the rules of this decree-law may be held responsible.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to:
- simplify the methods used by the Public Administration to purchase travel and accommodation services
- speed up the process of buying travel and accommodation through the Internet
- change the way in which the framework agreement for the purchase of travel and accommodation is used; it will become optional and will ensure the competition between service providers.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the day after being published.