Decreto-Lei n.º 137/2017
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:5902 - 5967
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law introduces into Portuguese law the changes to some technical details of 10 European directives.
What will change?
Changes to technical details included in the annexes of 10 European directives that had already been introduced into Portuguese law and have since been updated:
- directive 2016/1855/EU, on extraction solvents used in the manufacture of food and food ingredients
- implementing directive 2017/1279/EU, on protective measures against the introduction into the European Union (EU) of organisms harmful to plants and plant products and against their spread within the EU
- directive 2016/2037/EU, on maximum pressure in aerosol dispensers (used for deodorants, hair sprays, insecticides, air fresheners or spray paint)
- directive 2017/845/EU, on the list of elements to be taken into account when preparing sea-related strategies
- directives 2017/738/EU, 2017/774/EU and 2017/898/EU, on the safety of toys containing lead, phenol or bisphenol A
- delegated directives 2017/1009/EU, 2017/1010/EU and 2017/1011/EU on:
- exemptions on the use of cadmium and lead in filter glasses and glass used for reflection standards
- use of lead in bearing shells and bushes (parts of bearings) for certain compressors (equipment that increases the pressure of a fluid in its gaseous state) that contain refrigerants (components that cool the liquid).
- use of lead in white glasses for lenses.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to guarantee the timely implementation of technical updates of the annexes of 10 European directives.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the day after being published.
The rules on aerosol dispensers take place on 1 January 2018.
Safety rules for toys, electrical and electronic equipment take place on 1 July 2018.