Decreto-Lei n.º 8/2011
- Emissor:Ministério da Saúde
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:265 - 268
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law updates:
- the prices of medical services provided by the Portuguese Health Authorities and other public health professionals
- the fines for violations of sanitary standards on ships coming into Portuguese ports.
What will change?
Public Health services fees
Public Health services include:
- issuing medical certificates
- conducting inspections
- activities related to health conditions onboard vessels
- mandatory travelers’ vaccination.
Some of these services are free of charge (for instance, issuing a death certificate) and others are paid. With this decree-law, service fees will be updated every year.
Fines for violation of sanitary standards on ship
|Not declaring a case of suspected contagious disease aboard||2000 to 3000 euros|
|Attempting to hide cases of suspected contagious disease or non-accidental deaths aboard||2500 to 3740 euros|
|Failing to supply the Health Authority with the documents prescribed by the International Health Regulations (2005)||300 to 600 euros|
|Failing to supply the Health Authority with the requested on-board documents||1000 to 2000 euros|
|Failing to comply with the Health Authority’s written instructions||2000 to 3000 euros|
What are its benefits?
The prices of Public Health services had not been updated since 1982. With this decree-law, prices now reflect the increased costs of providing these services.
Also, with the prices of all the services in one document, it is easier for citizens to access this information.
Finally, it simplifies the collection of services fees and fines.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law will come into effect five days after being published.