Decreto-Lei n.º 164/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Trabalho, Solidariedade e Segurança Social
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:65 - 79
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law establishes the scheme for the implementation of residential childcare, a measure to promote the rights and protection of children and adolescents in danger enshrined in the Law for the Protection of Children and Adolescents in Danger.
What is going to change?
The system for implementing the residential childcare measure is regulated.
Residential childcare takes place in care homes that may include residential units and specialised residential units.
The following are specialised residential units:
- emergency response unit;
- unit for specific problems and needs of educational and/or therapeutic intervention;
- unit for supporting and promoting the autonomy of adolescents, to prepare them for active life, in an autonomous manner.
The vacancies management is responsible for identifying vacancies in foster homes, considering the characteristics and psychosocial profile of the child or adolescent to be fostered.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law promotes and guarantees the well-being and integral development of children and adolescents, by investing in qualified and quality residential care.
The aim of residential childcare is to protect children and adolescents and promote their rights, providing a faster and more appropriate intervention.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the first day of the third month following its publication.