Decreto-Lei n.º 153/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Trabalho, Solidariedade e Segurança Social
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:3 - 4
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law amends the rules of social protection in the event of unemployment of dependant employees.
What is going to change?
The guarantee period for access to the initial unemployment benefit increases from 180 to 120 days for employees whose employment contract:
- has expired at the end of the period; or
- has ended, on the initiative of the employer, during the trial period.
Employees can only access the unemployment benefit in situations where the employment contract expires during the trial period, with a guarantee period of 120 days, once every two years.
You can always access the unemployment benefit with a guarantee period of 180 days.
What advantages does it bring?
- guarantees the fight against precariousness;
- promotes a greater dynamism in collective bargaining;
- strengthens social protection by ensuring that the employees are not left unprotected in situations where contracts end.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the first day of the month following its publication.