Decreto-Lei n.º 109/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Adjunto e Economia
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:3 - 12
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law amends the scheme of the commercial practices with price reductions (for instance, markdowns and promotions).
It simplifies the procedures to which the economic agents are subject, materializing the measure of the Simplex+ 2018 Programme “Simple markdown communication procedure”.
What is going to change?
- It is now possible to carry out promotions simultaneously with markdowns;
- The markdown sales may be carried out at any time of the year, provided that they do not exceed, as a whole, a duration of 124 days per year (instead of the four months per year, before);
- The mandatory communications, by the trader, to carry out markdown or liquidation sales are now exclusively carried out through the “e.Portugal” Portal;
- The concepts of previously practiced lower price and reduction percentage are introduced, allowing the consumer to compare the prices and understand the applied discount.
What advantages does it bring?
Simpler procedures for traders and a better consumer protection.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force 60 days following its publication.