Decreto-Lei n.º 45/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Administração Interna
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:1798 - 1808
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law establishes the new structure of the National Emergency and Civil Protection Authority (ANEPC).
What is going to change?
Reinforcement, professionalization and capability of the national authority responsible for the civil protection through the:
- reinforcement within the scope of the civil protection system’s preventive component;
- greater technical, institutional and operational capability to tackle the several natural risks, for instance seismic and technological risks;
- simplification of the operational device, with the participation in structural prevention actions, including oil management activities and awareness-raising actions;
- assignment of managing positions, covering the ones from the operational system, through a tender;
- intervention’s specialization in the protection against rural fires, oriented towards the protection of the people and the settlement;
- own operational mechanism, with a stable and organized career and specialized training (FEPC);
- management of population’s safety programmes, with the implementation of self-protection measures and efficient warning and notice systems;
- coordination with the Air Force of the aerial means mechanism subject to the civil protection system;
- accreditation of the training entities within the civil protection scope, together with other entities with competence in the area.
Regarding the internal structure, the district model is abandoned:
- Creation of 5 Regional Emergency and Rescue Commands - 5 Regions;
- Creation of 23 Sub-Regional Emergency and Rescue Commands - Intermunicipal communities and metropolitan areas.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law aims to:
- reinforce the prevention and intervention means, at a national levels, in situations of severe accident or catastrophe;
- protect the citizens and preserve the goods endangered.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.