Decreto-Lei n.º 36/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Educação
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:1604 - 1605
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law creates rules on the recovery of the length of service of teachers from pre-school, basic and secondary public educational establishments.
The count of the length of service, for the purpose of career development, was not made between 2011 and 2017.
What is going to change?
From 1 January, at the moment of progression to the next echelon, 2 years, 9 months and 18 days are added to the teacher’s length of service.
If the teacher moves to the 5th echelon, the count of the length of service is also reflected on the 6th echelon.
To the teachers who had part of their length of service frozen, the time proportional to this period is counted.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law aims to:
- Mitigate the effects of the 7 years during which the length of service for the purpose of career development was frozen;
- Increase the families’ available income.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law takes effect on 1 January 2019.