Decreto-Lei n.º 33/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Adjunto e Economia
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:1480 - 1483
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law creates the rules applied to Start-up Portugal - Portuguese Association for the Promotion of Entrepreneurship - SPAPPE.
A start-up is a recently incorporated company which aims to develop a business model, usually with a technological basis, but still on a development phase.
What is going to change?
There is now a greater connection between STAPPE and IAPMEI - Agência para a Competitividade e Inovação, I.P.
Framework-agreements (protocols) will be entered between both entities for the funding of STAPPE’s activities which are of public interest.
The STAPPE’s mission is to develop public interest activities aiming to promote the entrepreneurship and innovation.
To pursue its mission, STAPPE, among other activities:
- Supports the disclosure of measures which contribute for the reinforcement of entrepreneurship (promotion and internationalization initiatives for Portuguese start-ups, for instance);
- Promotes the start-ups’ development conditions;
- Monitors the creation and application of entrepreneurship support policies.
STAPPE exercises its activity with the support of public and private entities.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law reinforces the important role STAPPE has on the development of public interest activities, namely, the promotion of the entrepreneurship and innovation.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.