Decreto-Lei n.º 3/2019
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Ambiente e Transição Energética
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:108 - 108
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law establishes new rules for the activity of the taxi transport.
What is going to change?
The taximeter are now visible to the passengers:
- In the upper half of the dashboard or above it; or,
- In the rearview mirror.
The taxi license’s holders may now suspend their activity for a year.
The activity suspension is carried out:
By the license’s holder through a communication to the license’s issuing municipalities.
- It is carried out by the license’s holder through a communication to the responsible city council;
- It may not exceed the period of 365 consecutive days, starting from the last day of suspension;
- It may not be accepted by the autarchies if it damages the transports service in municipalities with a low number of taxis.
It may be deemed as abandonment of the professional activity if there was no:
- issuance of a receipt for a service provided; or
- registry of the trips on the taximeter during that period.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law allows the temporary suspension of activity by the taxi licenses’ holders and clarifies the way to place the taximeter in order for it to be visible to the passengers.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.