Decreto-Lei n.º 117/2018
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Trabalho, Solidariedade e Segurança Social
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:5944 - 5945
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law increases the Minimum Monthly Wage Guaranteed’s amount.
The Minimum Monthly Wage Guaranteed (MMWG), best known as the national minimum wage, is the minimum base amount that can be paid to employees for a month of their work.
What is going to change?
From 1 January 2019, the MMWG is 600€.
What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law aims to:
- Reduce the social inequalities;
- Increase the families’ income;
- Promote the economic growth.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 1 January 2019.