Decreto Regulamentar n.º 9/2018
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Administração Interna
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto Regulamentar
- Páginas:4718 - 4757
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This regulatory decree:
- simplifies the visa application and residence permit proceedings in Portugal
- updates the rules on the entrance, stay, exit and expulsion of foreign citizens from the national territory, so that these rules are accordingly to the current legislation.
What is going to change?
This regulatory decree simplifies the proceedings and avoids unnecessary trips and expenses for the individuals applying for visas and residence permits.
Less trips on all proceedings
1. The proceedings are now digital, and, on the cases permitted by law, the individuals can deal with everything from a distance.
2. In the cases with a positive opinion for the residence visa, it is now possible to report to the Immigration and Borders Service the date of the trip to Portugal, so that the service is timely scheduled.
3. It is now possible to request that the service concerning the residence permit is carried out on any regional directorate or delegation of the Immigration and Borders Service.
4. The Immigration and Borders Service shall start to reuse the documents already held in their custody, avoiding its repeated request to the individuals.
Faster regularisation of the situation of employees
The individuals which did not enter the country legally but meet all the requirements to get a residence visa and are working in Portugal for more than a year may now benefit from the exceptional regime for humanitarian reasons.
Greater speed for students from Portuguese language countries
The visa or residence permit applications submitted by college students from Portuguese language countries shall be processed faster, with a waiver of the interview and livelihood test.
Greater speed for immigrants with specific qualifications and activities
The visa or residence permit applications submitted by individuals engaged on highly qualified activities, either entrepreneurs or the ones involved on cultural activities shall be processed faster.
Greater support to foreign investment
The opening of service stations to provide specialized information to investors is envisaged.
New proceedings for individuals with specific needs
The seasonal employees, the employees transferred within the companies’ staff and the students and researchers in mobility can now benefit from regulated residence proceedings and simplified regimes.
What advantages does it bring?
This regulatory decree intends to update the applicable laws to the presence of citizens of other countries in Portugal, making the proceedings faster and safer.
When does it enter into force?
This regulatory decree enters into force on the first business day of the month following its publication.