Decreto-Lei n.º 41/2018
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:2463 - 2486
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law introduces into Portuguese law changes to a few technical details of 8 European directives and improves the application of 1 European regulation.
What will change?
Technical details in the decree-laws that had introduced 8 directives into Portuguese law will change:
- implementing directive 2018/484/EU on avoiding the spread of the red palm beetle
- implementing directive 2017/1920/EU on the circulation of true potato seeds produced in the European Union
- directive 2018/217/EU on the land transport of dangerous goods
- directive 2018/597/EU on the procedures to combat Newcastle disease, a viral disease affecting birds
- directive 2017/164/EU on the limits of exposure of people to chemical agents
- delegated directive 2017/1975/EU on the use of cadmium in the production of light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- directive 2014/28/EU on the identification of wicks, fuses and percussion caps used in explosives for non-military purposes
- implementing directive 2018/100/EU on the examination of certain species of plants used in agriculture.
Technical details of the decree-law regulating the application in Portuguese law of Regulation (EU) 98/2013 on the sale and use of explosives precursors, that are now subject to closer scrutiny, will change.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to adapt national law to technical progress.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the day after being published.
From that day, the rules regarding the following diplomas come into effect:
- implementing directive (EU) 2017/1920 (potato seeds)
- directive 2014/28/EU (wicks used in explosives)
The rules regarding the following diplomas come into effect on 1 July 2018:
- directive 2018/217/EU (transport of dangerous goods)
- directive 2018/597/EU (Newcastle disease)
- directive 2017/164/EU (limits of exposure to chemical agents)
- directive 2017/1975/EU (use of cadmium in LED production)
- implementing directive 2018/100/EU (examination of plants used in agriculture)
- Regulation (EU) 98/2013 (explosives precursors).
The rules concerning the directive 2018/484/EU (red palm beetle) come into effect on 1 October 2018.