Decreto-Lei n.º 10/2018
- Emissor:Administração Interna
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:967 - 968
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law clarifies how the special rules on secondary fuel management strips will apply in 2018.
Fuel management strips are zones in rural areas designed to stop the advance of flames during a forest fire. These zones must have trees that are more fire-resistant.
What will change?
The way the special rules on secondary fuel management strips must apply in 2018 will be clarified.
The management criteria for secondary fuel management strips will be simplified within the National Forest Fire Protection System.
Fuel refers to all plant biomass — trees, shrubs and other vegetation — that can ignite and increase the intensity of the fire.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to:
- create mechanisms to contain the advance of flames during a fire
- reinforce the safety of people and their property
- promote the replacement of the more flammable trees in the secondary fuel management strips with trees that are native to Portugal and more fire-resistant.
Native trees are the natural tree species of a given area.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the day after being published.