Decreto-Lei n.º 55/2017
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:2778 - 2780
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law changes the rules for implementing the State Budget for 2017, which were established by Decree-Law 25/2017, dated 3 March.
What will change?
- The budget implementation rules for 2017 establishes the cases when it is possible to swap budgets between different services. This is called "flexible management". Flexible management is no longer allowed to reduce the expected amount for expenditure on chemicals, pharmaceuticals and drugs sold in pharmacies.
- It becomes possible to directly award contracts to independent external experts to assess the scientific, technological or innovation merit of applications to European funds. The procurement process requires that at least three candidates are invited to apply.
- It establishes rules for paying for additional work provided by health professionals in establishments that are part of the National Health Service or the Regional Health Services. These rules will apply from 1 April 2017 to 1 December 2017. Afterwards, the table provided in Decree-Law 62/79, dated 30 March, will apply.
- The National Health Service establishments have to reduce their quarterly costs with health professionals' services by at least 35%, compared to same quarter last year.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law aims to clarify the rules for implementing the State Budget for 2017.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the day after being published.