Decreto-Lei n.º 53-A/2017
- Emissor:Trabalho, Solidariedade e Segurança Social
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:2692-(2) a 2692-(2)
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law defines new rules for calculating the 10% reduction on unemployment allowance, which takes place after it has been paid for six months.
What will change?
Until now, unemployment allowance was reduced by 10% at the end of six months, regardless of the resulting amount.
From now on:
- this reduction only applies when the monthly unemployment allowance is higher than the Social Support Index (IAS), which is 421.32 euros in 2017
- the reduced unemployment allowance cannot be lower than the IAS.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to guarantee the subsistence of those receiving unemployment benefits.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the first day of the month after being published.