Decree Law No. 82/2011
- Issuer: Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Communications
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 82/2011
- Pages: 3583 - 3584
Summary in plain english
What is it?
This decree-law allows the temporary cancellation of the registrations of freight vehicles.
The current economic situation has had a negative impact on freight companies. To keep their vehicles in circulation, these companies have to buy several permits. When there is not enough work and some vehicles are not in use, it can be preferable to temporarily cancel their registrations.
What will change?
Temporary cancellation of freight vehicles’ registrations
Freight companies may ask the Institute for Mobility and Surface Transport (IMTT) for the temporary cancellation of registrations of vehicles that are not in use:
- due to lack of work
- while waiting for a response to an application to the incentive programme for scrapping of vehicles, run by the Investment and Expenses Programme of Central Administration (PIDDAC).
In the first case, the temporary cancellation is valid for a maximum of two years.
Companies are exempt from paying the registration cancellation fee. They just need to present to the IMTT:
- the vehicle identification documents
- a statement from the owner, or whoever is in possession of the vehicle, ensuring the vehicle will not circulate while the registration is cancelled.
Simplifying the registration reinstatement
For a vehicle with a cancelled registration to start circulating again, it is necessary to ask the IMTT to reinstate the registration.
To simplify this process, it will no longer be necessary to:
- carry out a vehicle roadworthiness inspection
- pay the registration reinstatement fee.
What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to reduce expenses for freight companies.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect 15 days after being published.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law