Decree Law No. 75/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 75/2021
- Pages: 59 - 63
Summary in plain english
Approves the decree-law that establishes the right of option for entry into the permanent staff of the Armed Forces for military personnel who provide effective service in the different contract regimes (RC), special contract regime (RCE) or volunteer regime (RV), as a result of an accident in service that occurred during operational activity.What is going to change?
To whom does it apply?
It applies to military personnel with effective service in RC, RCE or RV who suffer an accident in service that results in a degree of permanent disability equal to or greater than 60%.
They may now choose to receive a pension for permanent disability or to join the permanent staff of the Armed Forces.
There is also an amendment to the Statute of the Military of the Armed Forces, in its current wording, in order to consider as attached to the staff the military personnel who, under the terms of this decree-law, opts for continued active service.
Military personnel who enter the permanent staff shall be promoted under the same conditions as military personnel of the same class, arm or service or specialty, under the terms prescribed by the statute, and they shall remain attached to the staff.
It is applicable to all citizens who, after 30 June 2015, have rendered effective service in RC, RCE or RV.What advantages does it bring?
- Conditions are created for the social integration of these military personnel, with benefits for the State, which in this way continues to take advantage of their capacity and activity, with benefits for them, not only materially but also morally;
- The military personnel covered by this decree-law may now choose to receive a pension for permanent disability or to enter the permanent staff of the Armed Forces;
- It establishes that military personnel covered by this decree-law may apply for a position on the civilian staff of the General Staff of the Armed Forces and the branches of the Armed Forces, with a minimum quota of 35% of the total number of vacancies for admission to competitive examinations;
- It contributes to the valorisation of the specific nature of the military condition.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law