Decree Law No. 74/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 74/2021
- Pages: 31 - 58
Summary in plain english
This decree-law regulates the Cinema Law with regard to the collection of fees and the investment obligations to which the operators are subject.What is going to change?
It regulates the collection of fees and the investment obligations to which the operators are subject.
It clarifies the rules ensuring compatibility with European law with regard to aspects of State aid.To whom does it apply?
- The charging regime applies to audiovisual commercial communication broadcast or included in the services of television operators, distribution operators, on-demand audiovisual service operators, exhibitors and video-sharing service providers, even if they are under the jurisdiction of another member state.
- The charging regime also applies to subscriptions for access to television services, as well as on relevant revenues obtained by on-demand audiovisual services operators by subscription in Portugal.
- The investment obligations apply to television operators and on-demand audiovisual service operators under the jurisdiction of the Portuguese State and under the jurisdiction of another Member State, whenever those operators target audiences or direct commercial offers to the public in the national territory.
- Time limits are harmonised and rules clarified to ensure a link with European law regarding State aid;
- Encourages the development of the cinema and audiovisual sector;
- Develops and protects the art of film and audiovisual activities;
- It promotes compatibility with European and international law.
This decree-law enters into force on 1 January 2022.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law