Decree Law No. 67/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 67/2021
- Pages: 29 - 37
Summary in plain english
This decree-law establishes the scheme and defines the governance model for the promotion of technology-based innovation through the creation of Technology Free Zones (TFZs).What is going to change?
The TFZs are test sites, geographically located, intended for testing of innovative technology, products, services and processes, by their promoters, in a safe manner, with the support and monitoring of the respective competent authorities.
It establishes the general principles for the creation of standards that promote and facilitate research, demonstration and testing activities, in a real environment, of innovative technologies, products, services, processes and models, in Portugal.
Specific experimentation instruments are created, in the form of programmes for innovation, or legal and regulatory instruments, which aim to facilitate the testing of technologies, products, services and processes.What advantages does it bring?
- By creating the legal conditions necessary for the implementation of TFZs innovation is boosted converging towards the goal of creating a true digital society.
- By accelerating the processes of research, demonstration and testing in the country, its competitiveness and attractiveness for research and innovation projects increases.
- All opportunities brought by new technologies are taken advantage of, namely:
- 1 - Artificial Intelligence;
- 2 - Blockchain;
- 3 - Bio and nanotechnology;
- 4 - 3D printing;
- 5 - Virtual reality;
- 6 - Robotics and the Internet of Things;
- 7 - Big Data and the 5G network, among others.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law