Regulatory Decree No. 4/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Regulatory Decree
- Number: 4/2021
- Pages: 13 - 33
Summary in plain english
This regulatory decree changes the rules applicable to the licensing of complexes, ranges and shooting ranges for the practice of shooting with firearms.What is going to change?
The rules applicable to the licensing of complexes, ranges and shooting ranges for the practice of shooting with firearms are changed, in order to grant permits for their operation and management, and the Technical Regulations for Operation and Safety of Complexes, Ranges and Shooting ranges are amended.
Complexes, ranges and shooting ranges under the initiative of the Portuguese Institute for Sport and Youth are not subject to licensing.
The shooting sports federations holding the status of Public Utility Shooting can now:
- Issue an opinion, with a binding nature, on the technical and safety conditions of the complexes, ranges and shooting ranges where sports events are held;
- Inspect the premises and facilities on which it issues an opinion, in order to be licensed by the PSP.
The complexes, ranges and shooting ranges will now obey the general and specific environmental regulations, namely:
- The General Noise Regulation;
- The General Waste Management Scheme;
- The protection scheme for underground water abstraction for public supply.
This regulatory decree provides for the control of activities susceptible of having a negative impact on the environment, which will be controlled and supervised, especially ensuring compliance with the conditions established in the environmental instruments and regulations and preventing environmental crimes.When does it enter into force?
This regulatory decree enters into force on 24 September 2021.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law