Decree Law No. 61/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 61/2021
- Pages: 3 - 7
Summary in plain english
This decree-law recognises the public interest of two private higher education establishments by integrating them into the higher education system:
- Instituto Politécnico Jean Piaget do Norte (IPJP/Norte) [Jean Piaget Polytechnic Institute of the North];
- Instituto Superior de Tecnologias Avançadas do Porto [Higher Institute for Advanced Technologies of Porto].
It amends the recognition of the public interest of another private higher education institution, the ISMAI - Instituto Universitário da Maia [University Institute of Maia].What is going to change?
The IPJP/Norte is authorized to provide initially:
- The study cycles accredited by the Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES) and registered by the Directorate-General for Higher Education (DGES) for the Escola Superior de Saúde Jean Piaget (Jean Piaget School of Health) of Vila Nova de Gaia and the Escola Superior de Desporto e Educação Jean Piaget (Jean Piaget School of Sport and Education) of Vila Nova de Gaia;
- The technical higher vocational courses registered by DGES for the Jean Piaget School of Health in Vila Nova de Gaia.
Higher Institute for Advanced Technologies of Porto (ISTEC Porto):
- The study cycles accredited by A3ES and registered by DGES and the higher technical vocational courses registered by DGES which operation is authorised for the facilities that the Higher Institute for Advanced Technologies of Lisbon has in Porto will be transferred to ISTEC Porto.
ISMAI - University Institute of Maia becomes a university and adopts the name Universidade da Maia (University of Maia):
- The study cycles accredited by A3ES and registered by DGES operating at the University Institute of Maia - ISMAI are transferred to the University of Maia.
The recognition of the public interest of a private educational establishment determines, under the terms of the Legal Scheme of Higher Education Institutions (RJIES), its integration into the higher education system.
It also includes the power to award academic degrees with official value, being a necessary condition, together with the registry of the respective statutes, for its operation.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 22 July 2021.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law