Decree Law No. 59/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 59/2021
- Pages: 8 - 12
Summary in plain english
The decree-law that establishes the scheme applicable to the telephone lines for consumer contact made available by suppliers of goods and service providers and by entities providing essential public services has been approved.What is going to change?
The consumer when contacting by telephone the supplier of goods or service provider cannot pay more than he/she would pay for a normal call to a geographic or mobile number.
In other words, if the consumer has a tariff that includes a "minutes package" for any geographic or mobile number, the call made must be deducted from the number of minutes available in the tariff, and no additional charge may be made.What advantages does it bring?
- This decree-law seeks to clarify the rules to which the availability of telephone lines for consumer contact is subject, condensing, in a single diploma, the various norms that the matter calls for.
- The aim is that the consumer may contact the supplier of goods or service provider by telephone without any obstacle or restriction.
- The contact may be made in the same way as for the other contacts in your telephone directory, for which you know that you can or cannot pay for that communication depending on your tariff.
- In this way, you also know that you will never bear an amount that goes beyond a normal cost.
This decree-law enters into force on 1 November 2021. However, the regime of administrative offences will only come into effect from 1 June 2022.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law