Decree Law No. 47/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 47/2021
- Pages: 33 - 51
Summary in plain english
The decree-law that alters the regime for the attribution of financial support from the State to the visual and performing arts is approved.What is going to change?
A strategic articulation of arts support programmes is created with the definition of the statute for cultural professionals and the regulation of the Portuguese Theatre and Cinema Network.
The present decree-law also expresses the involvement of all those involved in the cultural sphere, in a dialogue between the State, local government, artistic entities and other agents.
The two modalities of support for two and four years are maintained in the sustained support programme, but the possibility of renewal for four-year support for an equal period is introduced. The renewal is thus intended to ensure stability in terms of planning activities and structuring of the entities.
It is foreseen that the activity or set of activities to be carried out within the scope of the project support programme may be implemented over an 18-month period.
It is valued the practice of positive actions for the conclusion of work contracts, with regularity and permanence.What advantages does it bring?
- Fostering and increasing the operational links and integrations between these three basic instruments of public policy for culture.
- Greater proximity and, consequently, a more active listening and also a governance participated by all.
- It responds to the need to consolidate in a sustainable way the artistic structures and the planning of their activities, as well as the promotion and development of artistic projects.
- Reduction of precariousness and reinforcement of labour contracts in the culture and arts sector.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law