Decree Law No. 40/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 40/2021
- Pages: 3 - 6
Summary in plain english
This decree-law implements on national territory the European Regulation on access to the scheme reserved by the Revised Convention for Rhine Navigation to vessels belonging to Rhine navigation.What is going to change?
The Directorate-General for Natural Resources, Security and Maritime Services (DGRM) is appointed as the competent authority for the issue of certificates proving that the vessel belongs to Rhine navigation.
The request for the issue of the certificates is made by the owner or operator of the vessel, through the Sea Electronic Desk (BMar), accessible through the ePortugal portal.
The DGRM, after evaluating the request, has 10 days to communicate the result of the evaluation to the interested party.Supervision
The DGRM is responsible for supervising the compliance/maintenance of the conditions that justify the issuing of the certificates and to instruct the respective administrative offence processes.
If the interested party fails to inform about the changes in the conditions for the attribution of the certificate, it shall be punished with a fine ranging from € 1500 to € 3740, when applicable to natural persons.
This fine may rise to € 44 850 in the case of legal persons.
The fines are allocated as follows:
- 10 % to the fining authority;
- 10 % to the Fundo Azul (Blue Fund)
- 20 % to the DGRM
- 60% to the State.
- Promotes the development and ensures the safety of navigation on the Rhine River;
- Creates the necessary conditions so that economic operators owning or operating such vessels can operate on that river on equal terms with other operators which Member States have joined the Revised Convention for Rhine Navigation.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law