Decree Law No. 29-B/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 29-B/2021
- Pages: 11-(2) a 11-(8)
Summary in plain english
This decree-law establishes the governance model for the European funds allocated to Portugal through the Recovery and Resilience Plan (PRR).What is going to change?
It establishes the organic, strategic and operational structure relating to the monitoring and implementation of the PRR for the period 2021-2026 and the exercise of management, monitoring, follow-up, evaluation, control, audit and information system reporting powers and transmission of data to the European Commission.Political Coordination
The Interministerial Commission has the following competencies, among others:
- Approve the PRR and its amendments to be submitted to the European Union;
- Coordinate the overall policy and strategy of the PRR.
The structure responsible for monitoring the PRR is the National Follow-up Committee (CNA). It is responsible for, among other things:
- Monitoring the implementation of the PRR, developing the initiatives it considers appropriate, namely in the territorial sphere involving regional and local actors;
- Monitoring progress in the implementation of the PRR and propose recommendations to improve the implementation mechanisms.
The logistical and administrative support arising from the functioning of the CNA is ensured by the mission structure "Recuperar Portugal” (“Recovering Portugal”).Technical coordination and monitoring
It is ensured by the "Recovering Portugal" mission structure, created by resolution of the Council of Ministers.
This structure is responsible, among other functions, for:
- Coordinating the implementation of the PRR reforms and investments;
- Adopting effective and proportionate anti-fraud measures, taking into account the risks identified.
The reforms and investments of the PRR are subject to a contract between the "Recovering Portugal" mission structure and the direct or intermediary beneficiaries and between these and the respective final beneficiaries.Audit and control
They are ensured by an Audit and Control Committee (CAC).
This Committee has the following functions, among others:
- Issuing a prior opinion on requests for disbursement of PRR funding every six months;
- Auditing the functioning of the management and control system of the PRR, presenting recommendations aimed at mitigating and correcting the deviations identified in the internal control procedures of the "Recovering Portugal" mission structure.
Organised information is also made available in an accessible and user-friendly manner, through an information and transparency mechanism, on the funding provided by the PRR.What advantages does it bring?
- Defines the way in which the governance of the PRR will be carried out.
- The PRR is a very relevant instrument for Portugal, as by supporting projects it will allow the recovery in a sustained growth path, for a more robust, more cohesive and more sustainable future.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law