Decree Law No. 14/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 14/2021
- Pages: 21 - 24
Summary in plain english
This decree-law changes the legal scheme for the entry, stay, exit and deportation of foreign citizens from the national territory.What is going to change?
With this decree-law, there is an increase of the amounts involving "Investment activity".
“Investment activity" is considered to be any activity carried out personally or through a company which leads to the realisation of the transfer of capital and for a minimum period of five years.
Therefore, the following values will now be considered:
- Capital transfer in the amount equal to or greater than 1.5 million euros;
- Capital transfer in the amount equal to or higher than 500,000€, which is applied in research activities developed by public or private scientific research institutions, integrated in the national scientific and technological system;
- Capital transfers equal to or greater than 500,000€, for the acquisition of investment units in investment funds;
- Capital transfers in the amount equal to or higher than 500,000€, for the incorporation of a commercial company with registered office in national territory.
The acquisition of property with a value equal to or over 500,000€ is only allowed when the dwellings are located in the Autonomous Regions of the Azores and Madeira or in inland territories.What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law aims to bridge regional differences, namely in the country's inland territory, promoting quality of life and sustainable development.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 1 January 2022.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law