Decree Law No. 6-B/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 6-B/2021
- Pages: 31-(2) a 31-(4)
Summary in plain english
This decree-law amends the scheme laying down the procedures for the allocation of funding and compensation to key transport operators in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic by extending its application.What is going to change?
The rules for allocating funding and compensation to key transport operators in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic are extended until the end of 2021.
Programme funds can be used to fund public transport services:
- Support for Tariff Reduction (PART) programmes,
- Support for Densification and Strengthening of Public Transport Offering (PROTransp) programme.
Compensatory allowances for the "pass email@example.com", "pass firstname.lastname@example.org" and "Social+ pass" can be used for the same purpose.
Compensation is payable to passenger transport operators for the performance of essential public transport services.What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law, by extending until the end of 2021 the application of the rules on the allocation of funding and compensation to transport operators:
- it enables them to guarantee the obligations inherent in the provision of public passenger transport services;
- it responds to public health constraints and determinations and their effects on the sustainability of the transport sector in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
It also ensures the mobility of citizens by maintaining public passenger transport services and ensures mechanisms to promote the sustainability of passenger transport companies.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 16 January and takes effect from 1 January 2021.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law