Decree Law No. 6/2021
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 6/2021
- Pages: 2 - 4
Summary in plain english
This decree-law establishes rules and procedures to clarify and ensure the free movement of goods lawfully marketed in another Member State.What is going to change?
A single digital platform for providing access to information, procedures and assistance and problem-solving services is created, with the Directorate-General for Economic Activities (DGAE) being the national authority responsible for monitoring and implementing procedures and for ensuring national representation on the Committee chaired by the European Commission, composed of representatives of the Member States.
It is the responsibility of the EGAD:
- To promote and coordinate the network of authorities responsible for supervising the application of national technical rules and their operation;
- To communicate to the other Member States and the European Commission the details of the entities indicated by the different government areas and autonomous regions;
- To provide information on helpdesks and problem-solving services and their links to which citizens and companies can turn if they have doubts or problems relating to rights, obligations, rules or procedures;
- To centralise statistical information on the reporting service provided by each supervisory authority;
- To promote the use of the General Information Support System (ICSMS).
The Agency for Administrative Modernisation (AMA) ensures that the ePortugal.gov.pt portal makes available to all national product contact points:
- The receipt in electronic format of requests submitted by economic operators through the portal ePortugal.gov.pt;
- The routing of requests submitted via the Public Administration Interoperability Platform to the National Product Contact Point (PCNP), and to the network of supervisory authorities for the application of national technical rules;
- The dissemination of data provided by DGAE on the reactions of economic operators and the level of satisfaction with the PCNP;
- The availability on the portal of statistical data on the reporting service, provided by the competent authority.
This decree-law aims to ensure compliance with rights and obligations by both economic operators and national authorities.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law