Decree Law No. 102-A/2020
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 102-A/2020
- Pages: 36-(2) a 36-(50)
Summary in plain english
This decree-law amends the rules on the protection of workers from risks related to exposure to biological agents at work by transposing related European rules.What is going to change?
The minimum requirements for the protection of the health and safety of workers from the risks related to exposure to biological agents at work are amended.
A large number of agents are now included in the list of classified biological agents known to be infectious for humans, in particular the SARS-CoV-2 virus.Notification of commencement of activity
The employer must notify the Authority for the Work Conditions (ACT) and the Directorate-General for Health (DGS) at least 30 days in advance of the commencement of the activity in which: the following are used:
- Use of classified biological agents in groups 2, 3 and 4.
- Any other biological agent in group 4 is used for the first time, as well as any new biological agent provisionally classified by the employer himself/herself in group 3.
The notification is to be made in an appropriate template for computerised data processing, provided by ACT and DGS.Risk assessment
The employer's assessment of the risk of exposure of workers to biological agents must be renewed:
- whenever there are changes in working conditions that affect such exposure;
- when applicable reference values are exceeded;
- when the results of health surveillance so justify;
- where scientific research in this area has been carried out.
The ACT and the inspection services of the Ministry of Health are responsible for monitoring compliance with the rules on the protection of workers' safety and health against the risks of exposure to biological agents at work.What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law guarantees adequate and continuous protection of the safety and health of workers who are or may be exposed to biological agents as a result of their work.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the first day of the month following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law