Regulatory Decree No. 2/2020
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Regulatory Decree
- Number: 2/2020
- Pages: 8 - 10
Summary in plain english
This regulatory decree monitors the licit market in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, precursors and other chemicals which may be used in the manufacture of drugs.What is going to change?
The agricultural services shall be empowered to authorise:
- Growing hemp for industrial purposes;
- Food or animal feed use;
- Manufacture of compound feeding stuffs;
- Cannabis sativa varieties for the production of fibre and seed other than for sowing.
The control functions are carried out by the Institute for the Financing of Agriculture and Fishing (IFAP), together with the Portuguese Criminal Police (PJ), the National Republican Guard (GNR) and the Public Security Police (PSP).What advantages does it bring?
This regulatory decree authorises the cultivation of hemp for industrial purposes, thus allowing work to begin on the new sowing and harvesting of next year.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 5 August 2020.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law