Decree Law No. 37/2020
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 37/2020
- Pages: 10 - 14
Summary in plain english
This decree-law creates social support measures under the Economic and Social Stabilisation Programme (PEES) and establishes exceptional measures to strengthen the social sector in order to protect the most vulnerable people.
Given the public health emergency of international scope, declared by the World Health Organization on 30 January 2020, as well as the classification, on 11 March 2020, of the COVID-19 disease as a pandemic, the Government has been approving a set of extraordinary and urgent measures in several matters.What is going to change?
Several support measures are created within the PEES, namely:
- Supplementary family allowance for children and adolescents in September;
- Automatic extension of unemployment benefit until the end of 2020;
- Extraordinary support in the framework of social action in higher education.
Measures to strengthen the social sector and simplify procedures are also introduced, such as:
- Financing line for the social economy;
- Elimination of the double licensing of social support equipment, with the operating license being replaced by prior communication, accompanied by a term of responsibility;
- Simplification of the process of verification of disability in the status of informal caregivers.
This decree-law strengthens social support to cope with the effects of the COVID-19 disease.
This decree-law also aims to strengthen the social sector with measures to simplify procedures and financial support to cope with the increased expenditure resulting from the pandemic.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 16 July 2020 and takes effect from 1 July 2020.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law