Decree Law No. 32/2020
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 32/2020
- Pages: 4 - 8
Summary in plain english
This decree-law alters the legal scheme to which afforestation and reforestation actions using forest species are subject in mainland territory.What is going to change?
Afforestation and reforestation actions are subject to authorization from the Institute for Nature and Forests Conservation (ICNF):
- In areas included in the National Network of Protected Areas or Natura 2000 Network;
- In areas subject to the Forestry Scheme;
- In areas managed by the ICNF or in association with the ICNF;
- In territorial areas of more than one municipality;
- In territorial areas of a municipality that does not have a forestry technical office;
- Using species of the genus Eucalytptus spp.
Afforestation and reforestation actions not included in the previous paragraph are subject to authorization by the municipalities in the territorial area that have a forestry technical office.
Actions integrated in applications under financial support programmes with public or European Union funds are no longer exempt from prior authorisation and communication.
The deadlines for communication of the start of implementation of afforestation and reforestation actions are 10 days and can be done electronically.What advantages does it bring?
It allows municipalities to no longer be dependent on having adapted their Municipal Master Plan to the content of the Regional Forest Management Plan (PROF) territorially applicable in order to be able to exercise the power of authorization and prior communication of afforestation or reforestation actions, simply by having a forestry technical office.When does it enter into force?
This decree-Law enters into force on 28 December 2020 and only takes effect in relation to requests for authorization and prior notice submitted after its entry into force.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law