Decree Law No. 20-G/2020
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 20-G/2020
- Pages: 8-(2) a 8-(11)
Summary in plain english
This decree-law creates a system of incentives to adapt business activity to the context of the COVID-19 disease, called ADAPTAR Programme.
Given the public health emergency of international scope, declared by the World Health Organization on 30 January 2020, as well as the classification, on 11 March 2020, of the COVID-19 disease as a pandemic, the Government has been approving a set of extraordinary and urgent measures in several matters.What is going to change?
The ADAPTAR Programme applies to the entire mainland.
Support will be given to microenterprises and small and medium enterprises.
Microenterprise - a company that employs less than 10 people and which annual turnover or annual balance sheet total does not exceed 2 million euros.
Small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) - enterprise which employs fewer than 250 persons and has either an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euros or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euros, and which holds a corresponding Electronic Certification.
The support is given in the form of a non-repayable grant.
The incentive rate to be awarded is 80% of eligible expenses for micro enterprises and 50% for SMEs.
For instance, the following are deemed as eligible expenses:
- Purchase of necessary personal protection equipment, namely masks, gloves, visors and others;
- Purchase and installation of automatic payment devices, covering those using contactless technology;
- Reorganisation and adaptation of workplaces and space layout to current guidelines and good practice;
- Hiring of disinfection services of the premises, for a maximum period of 6 months;
- Expenses with the intervention of certified accountants or statutory auditors, in the validation of the expenses of payment requests.
The priority remains the fight against the pandemic, but it is essential to gradually begin to lift the confinement measures in order to begin the phase of recovery and revitalization of life in society and the economy.
This decree-law aims to support companies in their efforts to adapt and invest in their establishments, adjusting work organisation methods and relationships with customers and suppliers to the new conditions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring compliance with the established standards and recommendations of the competent authorities.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 15 May 2020.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law