Decree Law No. 20-C/2020
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 20-C/2020
- Pages: 17-(2) a 17-(6)
Summary in plain english
This decree-law carries out, within the scope of the COVID-19 pandemic:
a) The adoption of temporary measures to strengthen unemployment protection;
b) The creation of a special scheme of access to social integration income;
c) The amendment of the scheme that establishes exceptional and temporary measures regarding the epidemiological situation of the new Coronavirus - COVID 19;
d) The amendment to the exceptional and temporary scheme of social contributions fulfilment, in the scope of the pandemic of the COVID-19 disease.
Given the public health emergency of international scope, declared by the World Health Organization on 30 January 2020, as well as the classification, on 11 March 2020, of the COVID-19 disease as a pandemic, the Government has been approving a set of extraordinary and urgent measures in several matters.What is going to change?
The social protection measures are undergoing some adaptations, such as:
- The guarantee periods for unemployment benefits are halved;
- The procedure for granting social integration income is speeded up;
- Measures are created to include people in the social protection system, who were previously in a situation of exclusion;
- Measures are created to encourage professional activity, namely, protection for members of statutory bodies of legal persons with management functions when they have workers in their service.
This decree-law makes it possible to respond to the social and economic impacts created by the epidemiological situation by creating measures to support the family, employment and the economy.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on 8 May 2020.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law