Decree Law No. 20-A/2020
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 20-A/2020
- Pages: 5-(2) a 5-(5)
Summary in plain english
This decree-law establishes an exceptional and temporary scheme for the acquisition of space by the media for institutional advertising.
Given the public health emergency of international scope, declared by the World Health Organization on 30 January 2020, as well as the classification, on 11 March 2020, of the COVID-19 disease as a pandemic, the Government has been approving a set of extraordinary and urgent measures in several matters.What is going to change?
The Government will acquire, for a maximum price of 15 million euros, space for institutional advertising in the media (television, radio and periodicals).
It will now be possible, regardless of the contract price and up to the limit of the budget, to group together contracting entities for the purchase of space to broadcast institutional advertising actions, within the scope of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The appointment of the representative of the grouping of contracting entities shall be defined by the Council of Ministers, through a resolution.
The space acquired shall be that necessary for institutional advertising actions on, inter alia:
- Public health pandemic situation;
- Legislative measures taken to contain the pandemic, for the recovery and balance of the economy;
- Education measures, social and humanitarian causes (e.g. domestic violence);
- Health measures (e.g. vaccination).
Advertising actions should be carried out within the 18-month period and are the responsibility of each government area, in isolation.What advantages does it bring?
- It ensures that essential information reaches all citizens clearly;
- It allows advertising campaigns to be carried out, related to good practices;
- Minimizes the loss of revenue by the media originated by the drop in sales of advertising space and circulation, allowing the continuation of its activity.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law