- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type:
- Number: 2-A/2020
- Pages: 11-(5) a 11-(17)
Summary in plain english
Following the state of emergency in Portugal, decreed by the President of the Portuguese Republic, in view of the exceptional situation of world public health, derived from the coronavirus pandemic, the government adopted exceptional measures in order to respond to the epidemic of COVID-19.What is going to change?
Respecting the constitutional and legal limits, the following measures are established, among others:
- Confinement of patients with COVID-19 is mandatory;
- A special duty of protection (in particular prophylactic isolation) of at-risk groups (over 70 years of age and with chronic disease) is required;
- Restrictions are adopted on citizens, in particular as regards road traffic.
- Telework is mandatory whenever possible
- Public services are provided primarily through digital means.
- Religious celebrations are prohibited;
- The closure of certain types of establishments and the reduction of activity of others is determined.
With this decree, the government intends to prevent the disease, contain the pandemic and protect the public health and life of all Portuguese.When does it enter into force?
This decree comes into force at 00:00 on March 22.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law