Decree Law No. 110/2019
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 110/2019
- Pages: 13 - 29
Summary in plain english
This decree-law amends the autonomy, administration and management scheme of the hotel and tourism schools of Tourism of Portugal.What is going to change?
The structure and organization of the hotel and tourism schools of Tourism of Portugal becomes less hierarchical.
An innovation area is created in the schools, with laboratories open to the community for the trial and development of new products.
The creation of other type of application units, besides the “Hotel School” and “Restaurants School” already existent, is enabled.
A regional committee, which comprises the regional partners, is created in each school.
This committee will participate on the establishment and execution of the training strategy and will promote and value the local products and gastronomy.
A national committee, which contributes for the establishment of the training strategies, carrying out the assessment and planning of the medium and long-term training needs, is created.
The schools may now be specialized in thematic areas which boost the valuation and tourist development of the territories.
The possibilities of the schools to develop partnerships with public and private entities for the implementation of projects within the social and environmental sustainability and responsibility is reinforced.What advantages does it bring?
- Establishes a new structure and organization of the schools to answer to the growing need of human resources in tourism;
- Allows the active participation of the partners, at a regional and national level, regarding the training, identification and valuation of the regional products and gastronomies;
- Ensures a greater connection between the schools and the regional employment needs;
- Enhances the role of the hotel and tourism schools in the regional development, namely through the training of individuals, empowering of companies, search for innovative support solutions to the entrepreneurship and social intervention answers;
- Determines the opening of the schools to the community, through the use of open laboratories to trial and develop new products and services;
- Reinforces the schools’ powers, on the ability to train more people and on the development of new training typologies, best adjusted to the companies’ needs.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.