Decree Law No. 95/2019
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 95/2019
- Pages: 35 - 45
Summary in plain english
This decree-law creates the scheme which regulates the rehabilitation of buildings.What is going to change?
This scheme creates the conditions for the rehabilitation to be the main form of intervention in the buildings, mainly for housing purposes.
The transitional scheme of the rehabilitation of buildings, which did not force the application of certain technical construction rules, is eliminated.
The following principles will be considered, whenever rehabilitation operations are carried out:
- existent building’s protection and valuation principle;
- environmental preservation principle;
- proportional and progressive improvement principle.
Specific measures will also be adopted in the following sectors:
- functionality of the houses;
- safety against fire;
- thermal behaviour and energy efficiency;
- acoustic behaviour;
- accessibility conditions;
- telecommunications infrastructures;
- seismic resistance.
This decree-law aims to provide a better quality of life to the population regarding the housing sector, adjusting safety and comfort patterns with the environmental protection and the valuation of the existent buildings.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force 120 days following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law