Decree Law No. 115/2018
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 115/2018
- Pages: 5864 - 5872
Summary in plain english
This decree-law establishes the special careers regime of registrar and registry officer, which allows the valorisation of the current registrar’s careers.What is going to change?
The registry officer’s career now requires the qualification level of a bachelor’s degree in Law, when up to now it only required the 12th school year.
The registry officer’s career is no longer a career divided into 5 categories and is now centred in 2 categories.
The special careers of registrar and registry officer are established through an employment contract in civil service for an indefinite duration.
The registrar is legally qualified and mainly operates within the areas of:
- civil identification;
- civil, land and commercial registries;
- the registry of movables and rights subject to the registry of legal persons.
The registrar has the role to assign registry authentication to the legal acts, therefore enabling the legal security.
The registrar may, in certain duly grounded situations, instruct the registry officer to carry out this service, except in the case of foreign law.
To the special career of registrar now belong:
- the registrars
- the related notaries
- the public notaries of the services not covered by the notary process.
and the registrars occupy the position held on the services they are part of.
The related and public notaries now occupy registrar’s positions and are automatically included in the staff records of the service they are part of or according their work location.
To the registry officer’s career now belong:
- the main, first and second assistants included on the civil and land registry framework;
- the main, first and second assistants of the notary’s privatization process who are now part of the Registries and Notary Institute’s service;
- the main, first and second assistants of the notary services not covered by the notary’s privatization process.
This decree-law allows the update and modernisation of the model and structure of the registrar and registry officer’s careers, adjusting them to the reality of the registry activity’s organization, as well as responding to the public service’s quality improvement demands.
This new decree-law reviews a career regime which has been in force since 1979, that is, reviews a career status with 40 years of existence.When does it enter into force?
This decree-law takes effect on 1 January 2018.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law