Decree Law No. 113/2018
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 113/2018
- Pages: 5836 - 5837
Summary in plain english
This decree-law incorporates the Protection and Rescue Emergency Unit (UEPS).What is going to change?
A new specialized unit, UEPS, of the National Republican Guard is incorporated, which replaces the Protection and Rescue Intervention Group (GIPS).UEPS’ competences
- Protect the citizens and preserve the goods endangered;
- Prevent and intervene in situations of severe accident and catastrophe, including fires;
- Set controlled burning, as a way to prevent fires;
- Carry out rescues in harsh environment;
- Rescue in situations of emergency, including legal inspections in the water;
- Participate in prevention, surveillance and supervision initiatives within its jurisdiction.
The UEPS acts throughout the national territory and its members are specifically qualified to participate in situations of emergency.What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law aims to:
- Reinforce the prevention and intervention means, throughout the national territory, in situations of severe accident or catastrophe;
- Protect the citizens and preserve the goods endangered.
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law