Regulatory Decree No. 10/2018
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Regulatory Decree
- Number: 10/2018
- Pages: 4880 - 4882
Summary in plain english
This regulatory decree creates the Authority for the Prevention and Fight against Violence in Sport, a State’s service operated under the management of the government member responsible for the sports area.What is going to change?
In sports events, the Authority for the Prevention and Fight against Violence in Sport shall prevent and fight against:
To carry out its mission, the authority shall perform several tasks concerning the legal regime of the fight against violence, racism, xenophobia and intolerance at sports events:
- elaborate the registries envisaged
- supervise the compliance and sanction the infractions
- handle the infraction proceedings
- promote activities which create a sports context based on high ethical principles and values.
This authority works in direct partnership with the Portuguese Institute of Sports and Youth (IPDJ) and with the Commission for the Equality and Against Racial Discrimination.
The Authority for the Prevention and Fight against Violence in Sport has a chairperson and an advisory board. Its works receive the logistic and administrative support of IPDJ.What advantages does it bring?
This decree-law intends to act on the several violence phenomena associated to sports:
- fighting against racism, xenophobia and intolerance
- promoting the civic behaviour and peace on the use of public spaces.
This regulatory decree enters into force on the first day of the month following its publication.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law