Decree Law No. 64/2018
- Issuer: Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 64/2018
- Pages: 3946 - 3949
Summary in plain english
This decree-law creates the Family Farming Statute.What will change? The Family Farming Statute will be recognized
A certificate will be created to identify the person in charge of the family farm, who must:
- be of legal age
- be the owner of a family farm that:
- is located in rural or mixed property registered in the land registry, in the Tax Office and in the geometric register
- uses at least 50% of family labour
- have a taxable income lower or equal to the 4th bracket of the IRS (up to 25,000 euros in 2018)
- not have received more than 5,000 euros of EU funds in the previous year.
The Family Farming Statute gives access to:
- specific support measures financed by European Union funds
- simplified administrative and public procurement procedures
- specific lines of credit
- different incentives related to fuel and energy
- support for training, information and advice on agriculture and forestry
- appropriate tax and social security schemes.
Chaired by the Minister for Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development, the commission has representatives from a large number of ministries, the Regional Governments of Madeira and the Azores and various associations.
The commission will monitor the implementation of the Family Farming Statute and evaluate its operation, producing a yearly report.What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to recognize the particular features of family farming and adopt support measures that work in their favour.When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect 90 days after being published.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law